What is the rarest phobia to have?
What is the rarest phobia to have?
Rare and Uncommon Phobias
- Ablutophobia | Fear of bathing.
- Arachibutyrophobia | Fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of your mouth.
- Arithmophobia | Fear of math.
- Chirophobia | Fear of hands.
- Chloephobia | Fear of newspapers.
- Globophobia (Fear of balloons)
- Omphalophobia | Fear of Umbilicus (Bello Buttons)
What is an irrational phobia?
Overview. A phobia is an irrational fear of something that’s unlikely to cause harm. The word itself comes from the Greek word phobos, which means fear or horror. Hydrophobia, for example, literally translates to fear of water. When someone has a phobia, they experience intense fear of a certain object or situation.
What is the strongest phobia?
What are the top 10 phobias?
- Claustrophobia: This is the fear of being in constricted, confined spaces.
- Zoophobia: This is an umbrella term that involves extreme fear of certain animals.
- Brontophobia: This is the fear of thunder and thunderstorms.
- Acrophobia: This is the fear of heights.
What is the weirdest phobia ever?
Here is a list of 21 weird phobias you may have never heard of:
- Chaetophobia (Fear of hair)
- Vestiphobia (Fear of clothing)
- Ergophobia (Fear of work)
- Decidophobia (Fear of making decisions)
- Eisoptrophobia (Fear of mirrors)
- Deipnophobia (Fear of dining with others)
- Phobophobia (Fear of phobias)
What is the #1 phobia in the world?
The following are just a few of the most commonly diagnosed phobias and how they manifest in patients: Arachnophobia – Arachnophobia is possibly the most well-known of all phobias. It is the fear of spiders, or arachnids. Estimates put arachnophobia at affecting roughly 1 in 3 women and 1 in 4 men.
Is Trypophobia real?
Trypophobia isn’t an officially recognized phobia. Some researchers have found evidence that it exists in some form and has real symptoms that can impact a person’s everyday life if they’re exposed to triggers. Speak with your doctor or a counselor if you think you may have trypophobia.
What are the most common human fears?
Phobias: The ten most common fears people hold
- Social phobias.
- Agoraphobia: fear of open spaces.
- Acrophobia: fear of heights.
- Pteromerhanophobia: fear of flying.
- Claustrophobia: fear of enclosed spaces.
- Entomophobia: fear of insects.
- Ophidiophobia: fear of snakes.
- Cynophobia: fear of dogs.
What is the medical definition of eremophobia?
Medical Definition of eremophobia : morbid dread of being alone Learn More About eremophobia From the Editors at Merriam-Webster
What is a phobia of something?
A phobia is a persistent, excessive, unrealistic fear of an object, person, animal, activity or situation. It is a type of anxiety disorder. A person with a phobia either tries to avoid the thing that triggers the fear, or endures it with great anxiety and distress.
What is the etymology of the word fear?
[fō′bē·ə] Etymology: Gk, phobos, fear. an obsessive, irrational, and intense fear of a specific object, such as an animal or dirt; of an activity, such as meeting strangers or leaving the familiar setting of the home; or of a physical situation, such as heights and open or closed spaces.
What are Your Top 10 phobias?
1 Papyrophobia – Fear of paper 2 Pathophobia – Fear of disease 3 Pedophobia – Fear of children 4 Philematophobia – Fear of Kissing 5 Philophobia – Fear of love 6 Phobophobia – Fear of phobias 7 Podophobia – Fear of feet 8 Porphyrophobia – Fear of the color purple 9 Pteridophobia – Fear of ferns 10 Pteromerhanophobia – Fear of flying