What is NHibernate in C#?
What is NHibernate in C#?
NHibernate is a mature, open source object-relational mapper for the . NET framework. It’s actively developed, fully featured and used in thousands of successful projects. Easily map regular C# or VB.NET object models designed in Visual Studio.
What is the difference between NHibernate and fluent NHibernate?
3 Answers. Fluent NHibernate offers an alternative to NHibernate’s standard XML mapping files. Rather than writing XML documents, you write mappings in strongly typed C# code. This allows for easy refactoring, improved readability and more concise code.
Which is better NHibernate or entity framework?
Entity Framework Core uses fluent (code-based) configuration and fluent or attribute-based mappings. Custom conventions are very powerful in NHibernate, EF Core still doesn’t have them, and this is something that NHibernate is better at, right now. Both of them need mappings, in any form.
What is NHibernate in asp net?
NHibernate is an object relation mapping (ORM) for Microsoft . Net platform. NHibernate is complete framework that is used to mapping an object oriented business object to a traditional relational database like SQL Server etc. It also addresses the well-known problem like data “object persistence”.
How do you use NHibernate?
Welcome to NHibernate
- Installing NHibernate.
- Defining a simple business object class.
- Create an NHibernate mapping to load and save the business object.
- Configure NHibernate to talk to your local database.
- Automatically generate a database.
- Writing simple CRUD code using the Repository pattern.
How do I set up NHibernate?
Basic Setup of Fluent NHibernate
- Step 1: Create the Database and Table.
- Step 2: Create a Console App (.
- Step 3: Create Your Entities/Classes.
- Step 4: Create the Mapping (Entities to DB Tables)
- Step 5: Create the NHibernate Configuration.
- Step 6: Read and Write to the DB Table.
How do you use fluent NHibernate?
To get started using Fluent NHibernate, follow these steps:
- Open Visual Studio 2015 IDE.
- Click on File -> New -> Project.
- Create a new project – for the sake of simplicity, create a Windows Application.
- Specify a name for the project.
- Click OK to save the project.
What is the use of NHibernate?
NHibernate is an ORM (Object Relational Mapper). Its purpose is to map objects in your OO application to tables in a database for persistence.
How do I use NHibernate in .NET core?
The method of use is as follows:
- Create a new Web API application based on.
- Add NHibernate package and corresponding database driver (take Npgsql as an example):
- Create a new Models directory in the project, and create entity classes and corresponding XML Mapping files.
What is NHibernate session?
The NHibernate session encapsulates a unit of work as specified by the unit of work pattern.
What is QueryOver?
QueryOver is a strongly-typed version of Criteria, and is more NHibernate specific. Pretty much anything you can do in ICriteria can be done with QueryOver. In the golden days of ICriteria NH2 you always had to cast, hence this is why now you need to cast at the end of the chain back to an int.
What is NHibernate and how to use it?
NHibernate is an open source project for Object/Relational mapping to persist objects in a relational database. This article is a step by step tutorial on how to work with NHibernate.
Where does NHibernate search for hibernate configuration files?
So NHibernate will search for a file called hibernate.cfg.xml in the output directory. That’s exactly what we want since we have defined our settings in this file. In the third line of the code we tell NHibernate that it can find mapping information in the assembly which contains also the class Product.
What is the difference between NHibernate data access and Poco?
Data access methods to tell NHibernate what data you want to retrieve or store into the database. A POCO to allow you to interact with the data. Whereas XML mapping files are commonly used in NHibernate projects, they are not the only way to map data to POCOs.
How to create an ASPX page using the NHibernate SessionFactory?
Create an ASPX page using the Add New Item option The following procedure can be done to use the NHibernate SessionFactory. In the button click event of the page: Open the Session with SessionFactory. Instantiate the Object. Get Data from TextBox and relate it with the object property. Save the Data into the Database. Close the Session.